Thursday, May 24, 2007

My newest kitchen toy, the juicer

I have been wanting to get a juicer for a long time and now with the help of a huge industry professional discount, I bought one. Its a simple heavy duty commercial model that in the home kitchen will last forever. Also another huge plus is that its very easy to use and clean, most appliances end up on a kitchen shelf because they take too much time to clean. I now keep a big supply of fruits and vegetables on hand, ready to juice for a very healthy drink or to be added to one of my recipes. One of my tricks is to juice carrots and celery and add it to my basic tomato sauce recipe, it adds a lot of flavor and nutrition. Sometimes its hard to get children to eat there vegetables, now the pasta with tomato sauce does the job! here is a common juice I make daily.

Ingredients:

small knob of ginger
3 carrots
2 stalks celery
1 orange
1 apple
2-3 strawberries





Method: Wash all ingredients, core the apple and cut everything small enough to fit in the feed tube, thats it, no peeling required, makes about two cups.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you found that using a juicer lends to an increase in alcohol consumption? New combinations in the margarita glass???