Thursday, April 03, 2008

Warm Artichoke, Oyster Mushroom & Arugula Salad


Trimmed Artichokes cooking and the tossed warm Artichoke & Mushroom Salad

I had the idea of throwing together some items from my recent farmers market trip, artichokes, oyster mushrooms and young wild arugula. I started by trimming the artichokes and quickly blanching them in simmering salted water, then cutting them into quarters. Next I sauteed the artichokes with a small amount of Oyster mushrooms, sliced garlic and a splash of olive oil, after a few minutes I added a dash of Sherry vinegar and kosher salt and pepper, a handful of arugula goes in and after a quick toss its ready for the plate, fresh shaved Parmesan cheese and its dinner time. It tastes great and the only thing I would do different next time is to add some crispy thick cut smoky bacon.

No comments: