Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Miso Cod with Mushrooms and Soba Noodles

One day I am cooking Latin and the next day its Asian, that's part of whats fun in cooking. Tonight I made a dish inspired by the cooking of the Japanese American Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, miso glazed cod is his signature dish and I recreated the cod with the addition of Soba noodles, mushrooms and bonito soy broth.
The glaze is simply made using equal parts of miso paste, sake, brown sugar and mirin rice wine, its simmered till thick and spooned over the fish before a few minutes under the broiler to cook the fish and caramelize the glaze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had Nobu's version of this dish several times. It is one of my all-time favorites. Try to find Black Cod to make this one ... the flesh is perfect for this recipe.