Saturday, April 18, 2009

Grilling on the Water


It might as well be summer with absolutely flawless weather, its sunny and warm with rain as only a distant memory. Today I took my two girls out for a late afternoon sail and dinner on my boat. My youngest daughter likes to sail and helps me with handling the boat, she also had taken on the role as the head bartender, my older daughter is different, she went below and slept during the whole sail. When we got back to the dock at sunset it was time to fire up the stern mounted grill, the easiest food to cook on the boat is sausage, which cooks with little mess. Our menu today were sandwiches made with grilled Italian sausages, roasted peppers, Fontina cheese and arugula. I also had made some Yukon gold potato salad earlier in the day to serve as a side. A couple of bunches of grapes to finish (note: seagulls eat grapes) It was all good and a good day with my girls.


1 comment:

The Wino said...

That sounds fabulouse! Can you adopt me?! I would need some dramamine...or a lot of wine. But cooking on a boat sounds like the best!