Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant

I had this idea for a vegetarian dish borrowing some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors from Italy and Greece. To assemble, I first sliced eggplant very thinly which I then brushed with extra virgin olive oil, then grilled, the filling was made with cooked sliced baby artichokes, spinach, cannellini beans, feta cheese all tossed in a lemon vinaigrette. After placing a spoonful of stuffing on each piece of eggplant they were rolled up and baked at 375 degrees for about ten minutes. I placed two eggplant rolls on a roasted tomato and olive vinaigrette and added crispy fried shallots for a crunchy garnish.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow...this one makes my mouth water...always a good sign unless someone is drooling...
Very creative use of eggplant, one of my favorites, and yet not seen on menus as much as I would like..
Do like the addition of the fried shallots for crunch and texture...
Olive vinaigrette? Brilliant..Hope you put this one on the menu!