Thursday, May 14, 2009

Focaccia

My daughter asked me to make Focaccia bread for her school class project, I don't remember ever doing food for my school work? but that was a few years ago. I started by making a big batch of bread dough using lots of garlic infused extra virgin olive oil and chopped fresh rosemary from the garden. After mixing, kneading and proofing till it doubled in size, I punched the dough down and placed it into two half sheet pans for the second rise, next before I put the bread dough in the 400 degree oven, I made the classic dimple indentation's that focaccia has with my fingers and drenched the dough once again with more extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt. The house smelled amazing while it baked and I wish I made some for me to eat. I think the kids will like it.

No comments: