Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The end of Gourmet Magazine

I just heard that the publisher Conde Nast is ending Gourmet Magazine after a long 70 year run. The publisher sites poor readership and more importantly falling ad revenue for the cut. Decades ago it was the only magazine for curious and adventurous cooks, now there are much more broader and specialized choices. I grew up reading and looking through the magazines and also recreating recipes that interested me, the more sophisticated cuisines featured helped inspire me away from common everyday food and helped me learn of all the foods of the world. I have to admit that recently its not my first choice when buying a magazine and I became bothered by its many ads, but it helped shape me be the chef I am today, thank you Gourmet Magazine.

No comments: