Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chicken and Rice

Chicken & Rice

I had the idea of making slow simmered chicken served with rice pilaf, I really didn't have a plan about what was going in it, I just used ingredients that I have on hand. I started by cutting up the whole chicken into eight pieces and seasoning it with salt and pepper, next I browned it in a hot pan with a touch of olive oil. Next sliced onions and garlic go in for a few minutes to sweat, I then added a touch of smoked paprika, saffron, cooked chick peas, pitted green olives and enough water to cover chicken. This was brought to a simmer and cooked covered for about a hour, a couple of cups of the cooking liquid was removed and used to cook rice. Fresh chopped parsley goes into the finished chicken and it is served along side the cooked rice. It turned out great for a made up recipe.

1 comment:

Viviane, Taste-Buds said...

Actually made up recipes can be the best, since all the ingredients you would add are usually ones you love. I have the bad habit of never writing my inventions down, I am kinda remedying this now with the newer ones.