Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Night Burgers

Painted Hill Ranch Burgers
Fontina Cheese melting on the grill
Balsamic Red Onions

Fontina Cheese Burger with Balsamic Red Onions and Arugula


Eating hamburgers is a very rare thing for me, maybe only one or two a year, I really have to be in the mood for them. Tonight as the standard what to make for dinner question is asked, my daughter said "lets make burgers" So off to the store with burgers in mind, the trusted guys at the meat counter recommended a sirloin 80/20 blend of Painted Hills Ranch natural ground beef, so I ordered a pound, next I picked up crusty bread, arugula and Fontina cheese. At home I made a relish of red onions and balsamic vinegar slowly simmered till glossy and tender. With all the hamburger ingredients ready the hand formed burger patties go on a hot grill pan with the Fontina placed on top after they are flipped, when the burgers are done they go on sliced grilled bread with a bed of arugula and a spoonful of red onion relish. Wow was it good, I might have to eat three burgers this year.

No comments: