Friday, November 19, 2010

My First Crab of the Season


My week long wait for the first crabs to hit the market is over, and a large Dungeness crab is in my possession. For my first taste of the season I had the idea of just eating it in its most simple form, boiled and cracked without anything but maybe a squeeze of lemon. Today's wet and cold weather changed my mind and I decided on making a hot Thai style curry, wow was it good. I am definitely looking forward to eating this again.



Thai Coconut Curry Crab
Ingredients:
1 cooked, cleaned and cracked Dungeness crab
1 can coconut milk
1 knob ginger, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 jalapeno, sliced
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 dash fish sauce
1 tablespoon green onions, sliced
1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
1 pinch cilantro, chopped

Method:
1. Saute the curry paste in a dash of vegetable oil.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 'till liquid is thickened.
3. Serve with steamed rice.

No comments: