Saturday, June 18, 2011

Freshly Made Mexican Street Food



I passed a small weekend farmers market nearby and I stopped to see what it is like. It is in a business development called The Marin Country Mart and it had a good range of different food vendors for being small market. I wanted to grab a bite from one of the food stalls and the Mexican food sparked my interest. It was a stall from El Huarache Loco featuring a few different combo plates and tacos with different meats. The price was kind of pricey but then I saw everything being made fresh to order from the tortillas to the salsas. I bought a Gordita which was a thick corn tortilla stuffed with crispy diced pork, crema, chopped cilantro and Cotija cheese, hot sauce on the side. It was really good and you could taste pure quality.

No comments: