Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One of my favorites, Thai style chicken

Thai Curry with Shitake Mushrooms and Chicken

It's true, I make this a lot. Spicy and rich with coconut milk. It's easy for me because I have most of the Asian ingredients needed always on hand so it's just buying a nice piece of  fish or chicken to go with it. Tonight I served black forbidden rice and a sliced mango with grilled chicken breast.

My Thai Curry Sauce
Ingredients:
1 small can coconut milk, unsweetened
1 T fish sauce
1 T soy sauce, low sodium
1 T Green Thai curry paste or curry powder
1 t Garlic, chopped
1 t Ginger, grated
Half bunch Cilantro, chopped
2 Keffir Lime Leaf (optional)
1 Thai chili pepper, chopped (optional)

Method:
1. Slowly saute the garlic, ginger and curry paste till fragrant.
2. Add soy, fish sauces, coconut milk, lime leaf, chili pepper and simmer a few minutes.
3. Remove lime leaf and add the cilantro.
4. Pour over cooked fish or chicken.

Note: Other ingredients can be added to the sauce such as Shitake mushrooms. Optional ingredients can be found in Asian markets.

Yield = 2 cups

No comments: