Monday, July 22, 2013

A Trip to Baja Mexico

I recently returned from a week in the Western Mexican region of Baja. Besides the lure of its warm beaches, the food is a big draw. Seafood dominates this coastal region and the menus reflect that with lots of trophy fish such as Marlin, Mahi and Tuna. The most common preparation is the famous Baja fish taco- simply made with grilled fish, cabbage and salsa. There is also quite a bit of ceviche made from fish and shellfish; the chilled fish is perfect in the hot and humid environment. What was different on this trip for me, was having access to a full kitchen in my room. This gave me the opportunity to cook more of the foods I saw in the local markets.

Simple Shredded Chicken Taco

Blue Corn Chips with Salsa

Sopes with Pinto Beans, Cheese, Avocado and Fresh Salsa

Breakfast Egg & Cheese Scramble with Avocado and Refried Pinto Beans





No comments: