Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Grilled and Smoked Holiday Turkey

Mesquite Smoked and Grilled Organic Turkey

Turkey, Tomato and Avocado on Sourdough Bread
I ended up cooking a large turkey for this years Christmas holiday, normally this cooking can take many hours of supervision but I decided to cut it up which worked great because of the faster cooking time and being able to cook each piece to perfection with out overcooking which is the common problem. I made a simple white wine, dijon mustard and herb marinade which gave it great flavor too.

One of the best things I like about cooking a big turkey is getting to use all the leftovers in a variety of different ways.  Day one its fresh and hot roast turkey served with all the popular sides, day two its sandwiches or maybe Tacos, day three it can be turkey chili using the bones for flavorful stock and don't forget there's always breakfast options too.

No comments: