Saturday, January 11, 2014

Winter Squash Curry


Feather River Farms

Chick Pea and Squash Curry

It's been a while since I visited my local farmer's market and with unseasonably warm weather this week, I had no excuse not to go.  My plan was to walk the whole market to see what's available and to compare prices; lots of root vegetables and winter greens are here during this time of the year.  I noticed a nice stall from Feather River Farms in Lake County, California.  They had a huge variety of Winter squash that they were even cleaning and cutting into cubes, a real time saver.  I bought a precut bag with the idea of making a Indian curry with it. I diced and slowly cooked yellow onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes along with the winter squash in a curry seasoned coconut milk. A handful of chopped kale at the end then spooned over steamed Basmati rice. Winter comfort in a bowl.

No comments: